2016 Gardeners who are eligible to renew for the 2017 season should complete the CABI Garden Member Agreement by April 10, 2017. Existing gardeners have first priority to renew their plots. After that date, open plots will be put in the lottery and offered to individuals on the wait-list.
NEW GARDENER WAIT LIST
If you are a new-to-us gardener looking for a plot assignment in 2016, please go to CABI Forms for an application.
BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THE WAIT-LIST, ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING:
- Is community gardening for me? Read the Garden Policies below for the community garden you choose, as they will be enforced. Then ask yourself, again, is Community Gardening for me?
- Is this the right location for me? Choose your preferred community garden site and decide which size plot is best for you (not all gardens offer the same size plots). Many new gardeners prefer a smaller plot their first year. Our available plots are 8′ x 12′ (48 sq. ft.). Is this the right size for me?
Plots are reserved for the season. The gardener agrees to garden for the season and do their best to participate during the summer and fall growing season.
Refugees have priority on the Wait List. Refugees worked with CABI in 2003 to initiate the CABI Community Garden from rock and clay with minimal resources. Due to their efforts and need over the last decade, they will continue to have priority. Those living within the Depot Bench Neighborhood Association will also have priority.
Plot assigned to each Gardner should be fully utilized. If plots are not planted or completely abandoned, they may be reassigned to another gardener on the waiting list. Please notify one of the Garden Coordinators if the plot will be abandoned for any reason.
Gardener is responsible for maintenance of plot and adjacent paths. The gardener understands that weeds must be pulled to prevent the weeds from spreading into other plots. If a gardener is unable to attend to the plot and weed for over a week, they will need to contact a Garden Coordinator.
CABI Community Garden is an organic garden. Gardeners understand that the use of insecticides, herbicides, or weed killers made from synthetic chemicals is strictly prohibited.
Irrigation/Watering Systems will be managed by the Garden Coordinators. Water is an expensive resource and must be managed efficiently. Do not attempt to reprogram or alter the water system in any way. If additional watering times are needed, please notify a Garden Coordinator.
Courtesy among all the CABI Community Gardeners is expected.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Garden space must be kept clean of trash and litter.
- Loud radios are not permitted in the garden.
- Smoking is prohibited on CABI property.
- Pets are not allowed in the CABI Garden.
- Gardeners may not remove plants or produce from other garden plots.
Expected Gardener Contributions.
- All gardeners need to attend garden clean-ups in the Spring and Fall.
- Gardeners should attend monthly work days.
- Allow photographs, digital images or video to be used for future promotional or marketing material.
- Please work to keep CABI Community Garden a happy, secure and enjoyable atmosphere where all participants can garden and socialize peacefully in a neighborly manner.
Gardeners agreed to address all questions and concerns with the Garden Coordinators.
***Further details of Garden Policies can be found in the Garden Member Agreement.