Happy spring everyone! The trees are starting to bud out and we are seeing a few flowers here and there. I hope you are as excited as I am to get back in the garden.
We will have our first Garden Workday on March 19th, 2017 at 11:00 AM. Remember to bring your gloves and a metal rake if you have one. We will focus on cleaning up pathways and spreading wood chips to prevent the weeds from taking over.
Looking forward to a great season!
It’s hard to believe another season at the garden is coming to a close. We commence mowing the garden on Friday morning (7 Oct) and tilling on Sunday morning (9 Oct).
Please finish harvesting your plots!
Thank you for another successful season!!
Our Harvest Potluck Celebration will be Thursday, 1 September 2016. Families are welcome!
We want to congratulate Halima Hassan for competing in the Boise Schools Junior High City Track Meet meet earlier this month and setting personal records in the 400 meter (1:14.89 for second place), triple jump (24-03.00 for third place) and 4 x 100 Relay (3rd team). Way to go Halima!
CABI Garden at 6:00 PM today.
We will hand out six more vegetable plots and then focus on upcoming projects.
- Irrigation – Working with the landscaper all morning tomorrow (22Apr) & connecting irrigation lines today
- School raised beds – 5 – 3Wx2Hx10L’s (could use help moving the dirt around for these)
- Counter height raised beds – 2 – 3×8’s for physically challenged gardeners
- Perennial fruit garden & Sitting area – Goji berries, blueberries, marion berries, grapes, install musical bench, etc.
- New star raised bed – flowers & herbs in this location
- ***this was built for preschoolers to access the dirt on 12 sides (more fun!)
- Install of two benches – 3′ and 6′ in garden (already built)
- Flower perennials – Many more perennials to be planted between fruit trees
Jeff and Paige Get Outdoors
A Concert Celebrating Nature & our Environment
Monday, March 28, 2016 5:30pm at CABI
Jeff and Paige present a high-energy, nature-themed kids’ concert with lots of action in a short time! Live nature music, science-based skits, quick costume changes, big laughs and lots and lots of audience participation! Jeff & Paige will get you laughing, learning and out of your seats for dance and movement. The concert is free, but donations for CABI’s Community will be graciously accepted.
Dinner will be served. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Due to the steady rain this morning we will cancel the Garden Workday, but will remain at the CABI Social Hall from 11:00-12:00 to allow gardeners a chance to fill out hardcopy applications with a translator.
If you have already filled out your application for 2016, there is no need to come out today. Next up:
CABI Steering Committee Meeting this Thursday at 6pm.
CABI Garden Workday – 3 April at 11:00-1:00.