Our Harvest Potluck Celebration will be Thursday, 1 September 2016. Families are welcome!
CABI Garden at 6:00 PM today.
We will hand out six more vegetable plots and then focus on upcoming projects.
- Irrigation – Working with the landscaper all morning tomorrow (22Apr) & connecting irrigation lines today
- School raised beds – 5 – 3Wx2Hx10L’s (could use help moving the dirt around for these)
- Counter height raised beds – 2 – 3×8’s for physically challenged gardeners
- Perennial fruit garden & Sitting area – Goji berries, blueberries, marion berries, grapes, install musical bench, etc.
- New star raised bed – flowers & herbs in this location
- ***this was built for preschoolers to access the dirt on 12 sides (more fun!)
- Install of two benches – 3′ and 6′ in garden (already built)
- Flower perennials – Many more perennials to be planted between fruit trees
Jeff and Paige Get Outdoors
A Concert Celebrating Nature & our Environment
Monday, March 28, 2016 5:30pm at CABI
Jeff and Paige present a high-energy, nature-themed kids’ concert with lots of action in a short time! Live nature music, science-based skits, quick costume changes, big laughs and lots and lots of audience participation! Jeff & Paige will get you laughing, learning and out of your seats for dance and movement. The concert is free, but donations for CABI’s Community will be graciously accepted.
Dinner will be served. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Due to the steady rain this morning we will cancel the Garden Workday, but will remain at the CABI Social Hall from 11:00-12:00 to allow gardeners a chance to fill out hardcopy applications with a translator.
If you have already filled out your application for 2016, there is no need to come out today. Next up:
CABI Steering Committee Meeting this Thursday at 6pm.
CABI Garden Workday – 3 April at 11:00-1:00.
CABI and Global Gardens are working together to provide cooking classes for 18 young adults from the Somalia gardening community. These classes go for 10 weeks and introduce new foods and new recipes every week. The students get a chance to sit down and learn about the foods they will be using, they get to taste everything and then they move into the kitchen and start preparing the dishes. This week: Vegetable Lasagne and Fruit Salad.
Thursday, 3 March 2016 at 4:00 PM in the CABI Social Hall classroom
Agenda: Building raised beds; Milestones & Dates
***Don’t forget to fill out your garden plot application for the 2016 season before the meeting.