Join our amazing team of volunteers – help empower people of all ages and incomes to grow and eat healthy, organic, local food.
Volunteering with CABI Community Garden is a wonderful way to connect with and give back to your community. From drop-in days to long term projects, from digging in the dirt to helping in our office, we have volunteer opportunities that suit a wide variety of abilities and interests.
- Educational classes – Do you have a gardening expertise you would like to share?
- Build four waist high raised garden beds and install irrigation
- Build squash and gourd tunnel/arch (8′ H x 16′ L) with raised beds (3′ x 16′) along sides – COMPLETE
- Paint signage for garden
- Plan Garden Harvest Party
- Write grants for future funding
- Plant nine fruit trees
- Install four water barrels (bricks for platform needed)
- Weeding and planting perennials
- New perennials, fruit trees and flower strip to surround garden on North and West sides (resources still needed)
- Shelving to be built in garden shed
- Refurbish three (3) older raised beds and place in new location – COMPLETED
- Build five (5) new raised beds for schools- COMPLETED
- Complete the building of three (3) compost bins (generator required) – COMPLETED
- Wooden three level raised bed with drip lines and worm composting corners for educational classes – COMPLETED.
- Refurbish existing picnic tables with fresh paint – COMPLETED
If you have any questions about our volunteer program, or would like to schedule a group volunteer session, email firstname.lastname@example.org.